**One Man's Theatre Journal, Nothing more, Nothing less**

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Little Fish


November 17th, 2007
The Blank Theatre, Hollywood
Musical, we went with Theresa


Written by Michael John LaChuisa (Wild Party)



I'd go see Alice Ripley sing just about anything. Her voice is reminiscent of Betty Buckley (but not as throaty), and packs a punch. She's also a very intense and riveting actress.

More so than this musical unfortunately. It has a very Woody Allen neurotic urban angst feel to it. I did like the analogy of comparing the girl navigating her life, her happiness... as a little fish in the world. And I enjoyed the conclusion and many of the voices were strong and enjoyable. This may actually be very well received in NYC, but it wasn't personally my kind of story, so I can't be very objective. There were only a couple memorable melodies for me.



Still, we got to see Alice. And a new musical at the same time. Not a bad Saturday night.

Labels: ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

to my main blog



My Creed



LA gets the brightest Broadway Stars





Next to Normal

BARE

CHESS

INTO THE WOODS

MILLIE

[title of show]

WICKED

Avenue Q

HAIRSPRAY

Triumph of Love, starring Susan Egan, Betty Buckley, Roger Bart

Urinetown ~tho the title sounds gross, the musical is hilarious with fantastic music and an environmental and social message

Miss Saigon


Shephard:
I'm a creative novelist & writer, living in LA with my partner of 20 years and 4 very quirky, lovable cats.





link to 100 Things About Me
Software by:

Powered by Blogger

Blog Design by Shephard, Template by:


2008 Template perfected by Mike


© 2005 'SHEPHARD'S THEATRE ALLEY'