**One Man's Theatre Journal, Nothing more, Nothing less**

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Celine Dion: A New Day

September 6th, 8:30pm
Coliseum at Caesar's Palace, Las Vegas
Cirque-Style Show/Concert, we went with Pam



She's studio-perfect in concert. Her voice isn't even slightly less than what you hear on CD. Add to this Franco Dragone designing a dazzling, never-ending parade of floating, twirling, spinning visual surprises backed by a colossal building-sized digital video display that was so crystal clear you had to squint to tell if the images weren't actually there sometimes. And I can't forget the 42 dancers in colorful costumes; it's a fully choreographed production. And Celine did "River Deep, Mountain High" which is one of my favorite Celine covers, so I was thrilled with that. She also did a tribute to Frank Sinatra, some Stevie Wonder and all the favorites.



Had the show not ended so predictably (with Titanic/My Heart Will Go On) and so abruptly without even an encore, I'd give it a full five stars.

Labels:

1Comments:

Blogger charles said...

I am envisioning 42 hot-n-hunky menz writhing around the stage, while she sings......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

-Charles

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

to my main blog



My Creed



LA gets the brightest Broadway Stars





Next to Normal

BARE

CHESS

INTO THE WOODS

MILLIE

[title of show]

WICKED

Avenue Q

HAIRSPRAY

Triumph of Love, starring Susan Egan, Betty Buckley, Roger Bart

Urinetown ~tho the title sounds gross, the musical is hilarious with fantastic music and an environmental and social message

Miss Saigon


Shephard:
I'm a creative novelist & writer, living in LA with my partner of 20 years and 4 very quirky, lovable cats.





link to 100 Things About Me
Software by:

Powered by Blogger

Blog Design by Shephard, Template by:


2008 Template perfected by Mike


© 2005 'SHEPHARD'S THEATRE ALLEY'