**One Man's Theatre Journal, Nothing more, Nothing less**

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Chorus Line


May 25th, 2008
Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angles
Musical, we went with Theresa


This was my first time seeing A Chorus Line live. I've seen the movie as well, and I know the songs. And now I've seen it on stage.

The touring cast is full of great dancers and actors.

Stand-outs for me were Emily Fletcher as Sheila, Hollie Howard as Maggie ("At the Ballet") and the hilariously appealing Natalie Hall as Val ("Dance Ten, Looks Three" aka T*ts and *ss). Hollie Howard's voice was especially beautiful and likely the strongest in the production. We hope to see her in something again soon. And we all agreed Kevin Santos as Paul was very empathetic and appealing.

The choreography was energetic and crisp, and we did thoroughly enjoy this production. It's very funny and real, and I can't imagine a more accurate window into the world of Broadway performers.



Labels:

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHEPZ!
I need your e-mail address and your Birthday!
e-me lon.smart@disney.com please! :)

6:52 AM  
Blogger Carli N. Wendell said...

Okay, so I'm an idiot, because [title of show] is on your list of favorite shows.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

to my main blog



My Creed



LA gets the brightest Broadway Stars





Next to Normal

BARE

CHESS

INTO THE WOODS

MILLIE

[title of show]

WICKED

Avenue Q

HAIRSPRAY

Triumph of Love, starring Susan Egan, Betty Buckley, Roger Bart

Urinetown ~tho the title sounds gross, the musical is hilarious with fantastic music and an environmental and social message

Miss Saigon


Shephard:
I'm a creative novelist & writer, living in LA with my partner of 20 years and 4 very quirky, lovable cats.





link to 100 Things About Me
Software by:

Powered by Blogger

Blog Design by Shephard, Template by:


2008 Template perfected by Mike


© 2005 'SHEPHARD'S THEATRE ALLEY'